Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Things I'm learning about myself...

1) I do not function well in unstructured classroom environments. I need to know, at the beginning of the semester, when assignments are due, how they are to be graded, how many total points are available. I may not ever actually think about these things throughout the course of the semester, until finals week, but I need to have them. Changing of due dates, lack of rubrics, no set content schedules - these things cause me great deals of stress and I plan to not sign myself up for any future classes that would be like this.
2) I think very well in "tables". When I need to put things out on paper for myself, a lot of times tables make the most sense in my head. Additionally, outline formats work well for me too. It just depends on the information being presented. I did not know, until this evening, just how much tables make sense to me. It fills me with a small sense of accomplishment that I have come to recognize this fact about myself.

No comments: